PAKISTANI PUBLIC FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PAKISTANI PUBLIC FORUM
PAKISTANI PUBLIC FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Loss forum

Go down

Weight Loss forum Empty Weight Loss forum

Post by muhammad aamir Sat 07 Apr 2012, 6:37 am

How to Psych Yourself Up to Exercise Question

One thing the Genetix Program is all about is behavior modification. The first step to changing any behavior is getting your mind in the right place for success. That is why we post a ton of articles like 50 Ways to Stay Motivates, How to Lose Weight in Your Mind, Your Weight Loss Attitude, and 7 Tips to Change Your Mind About Food. When it comes to exercise the mental game is no different. We have to overcome the mental blocks in order to start and be successful with an exercise program.

The best way to be overcome laziness, fear of failure, and other mental road blocks to exercising is cognitive behavioral therapy. To begin with you want to visualize specific exercise goals in your mind and being successful at them. Think of this as a mental rehearsal. Visualizing yourself being successful at a specific exercise goal will increase your motivation to accomplish those goals. Start out with goals that are easily attainable and then move on to more advanced goals once you have accomplished those you have already set for yourself. Achieving your goals will give you the motivation to try new ones and achieve them as well.

Another key to gaining mental success over exercise is identifying sabotaging thoughts like, "I can't do this", "I'm too tired", "I don't have the time", "It is too hard", and "I'm too out of shape." When these thoughts come to your mind pay attention to them, and write them down. Then start verbally replacing those negative thoughts with positive ones. Say out loud to yourself "I can do this", "I am getting in better shape", and "There isn't anything I can't do." Once you start replacing those sabotaging thoughts you will be amazed at what you can do.

muhammad aamir
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down